Saturday, 17 October 2009

So I've decided to start a blog...

Well hello there. It's Jason here, also known online as hippyman. I'm not a hippy, honestly - the creation of hippyman is a long story and I'm sure I'll get around to explaining it to you one day. Maybe. Well, make that certainly.

So, I guess this being the first post in my blog, you may want to know a bit about me. Not wanting to give to much away too early (I do want some mystery about me), I'm a 21-year old male from Yate, near Bristol (that's in the south west of the UK for those that don't have the privilege of being a resident on this bizarre island.

I have a great family set up - still living at home with Eileen, my mum, Chris, my stepdad, Rebecca, my sister, Alex, my stepbrother and rough collie called Max. My sister also owns a little demon thing, also known as a budgie, that makes a hell of a lot of noise and pretty much annoys everyone that meets it. I also have another stepbrother that lives with his mum. His name is Nathan.

In addition to my wonderful family, I have a fabulous girlfriend called Gemma. She is fab. Kind of makes me understand the meanings of the lyrics in love songs and compels me to think in poetry. Aww, yeah, Jason has finally fallen in love and is all lovey-dovey. All that in 3-months. Love you Gem!

My friends compliment the family and partner - Rich, John, Hollie, Bill, Simon, Toni, Mike, Leanne, Jake and the rest (actually all having a link to the retail company GAME, which I used to work for). Complete range of characters, all completely barmy. But wouldn't change them for the world.

I also enjoy the company of my colleagues at my workplace at the Bristol Eye Hospital (I'm a photographer there). Abi, Charlotte, Des, Gill, Hannah, Helen, Rebecca, Steph and Steve - my department, my team. Again, a range of characters, but this lot aren't completely barmy. Without them, work would be a drag each day. The fact that all the doctors, nursing staff and the hard workers in medical records are pleasant makes going to work a pleasure.

Finally, a quick run through my hobbies - I'm a BRISTOL ROVERS supporter, which can be a good thing (honestly...we aren't fickle as Bristol City supporters). I have a season ticket and try to go to some away games where possible. I also enjoy gaming. I used to work for GAME (as mentioned above) so gaming will always have a big part in my life. I prefer the Xbox 360 (PS3 is crap, sorry Sony fanboys, but the truth hurts!) and enjoy Xbox Live. My Gamertag is JASON BRFC. My other hobby is photography. This is mainly to do with work (I take photos of eyes all day). But nothing is more satisfying than capturing a perfect image, playing around and getting the most amazing photograph. If you are lucky, you may get a glimpse of my pictures!

Well, I think I've said a lot for my first post. It covers a bit about me. I will blog whenever I can. It seems fun. My life isn't overly interesting, but I guess there are some highlights that people may find amusing. If you've liked what you've read then follow me. I'd like that :p

Well, catch you all later

Jason/hippyman

2 comments:

  1. PS3's not crap Jase...play Uncharted 2 and come join us on the Dark side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohh...never going to the darkside mate...never!

    Although maybe my colour sceme for the wod xbox was a bit dodgy...you know, including the rrod in it!

    ReplyDelete